Google Translator

Monday, October 22, 2012

Northern Maine in October


Lutheran Church

We are back from Stockholm, Maine.  We buried my mother-in-law on Saturday in her home town of Stockholm, Maine.  I thought I would show just a few pictures of this beautiful town - especially this time of year.  The church above is where the funeral was held. 


School Street colorful tree

I took several walks while we were in Stockholm since the weather was so warm ...even up there!  This tree stood out with it's fabulous color.  The picture below is the bridge that is right in the center of town. 


Stockholm Bridge


View from the other side of the bridge


I had to show this picture of one of the windows in the General Store in downtown Stockholm. My Mother-in-law would have loved this!  I can hear her laughter now.  I will miss her so much.  Rest in peace, Queenie.




 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for the passing of my mom. While I still feel a void, I'm getting back into the swing of things and should be posting to my blog within the next few days. These pictures are fabulous. Friends of ours just got back from a visited to the New England States and I can't wait to see their pictures. They had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty in northern Maine! Lovely church for Queenie's funeral. It is so hard to say goodbye. Thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    Stockholm looks like a lovely place and the church is gorgeous. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of your family.

    ReplyDelete