Google Translator

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!  Ours was quiet but that is my favorite kind- celebrate from the comfort of your home by the fireplace!  I think we did fall asleep before the ball dropped....

It appears I am not done making Cards in a Box!  I do love this technique!  I am using it to make a Thank you card for a friend.  I used several Sizzix dies to make this Seaside Scene.  I also used Stampin UP stamps for the seashells by the seashore.  Wow, say that 5 times fast!!!



I used the Stampin UP tag punch for the light house light.  I hand cut the lighthouse itself.  Can you see the flying Sea Gull?  It bobs around and really gives the illusion of flight.  I love it!!  Rats!  I forgot to take a picture of the back!  It had a really nice sentiment!


You can go to SplitCoast Stampers and see Dina's fabulous tutorial on Cards in a Box.  She calls them Pop Up Cards in a Box.  You can find it here-

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/popupboxcard/


I am off to work on more Thank You cards!  I did find instructions for a smaller Card in a Box on Pinterest.  I will go try it out and let you know how they come out!!




6 comments:

  1. Your 'cards in a box' are amazing, I am going to give them a go. Thanks for all your inspiration.
    Rene from Oz xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one too! I am going to make one for Mark's 60th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very adorable box, you gave me inspiration. I gave a workshop with this box today and my ladies made cuties too.
    Greetings from Terneuzen, Netherlands
    Caroline
    http://stampingwithcaroline.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Happy New Year to you Chris. What an awesome box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am enjoying ALL of your box cards but this is so "out of the box" cute having such a different theme! I love every bit of each of your cards, just wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a terrific card! Love how you placed all the embellishments. Excellent depth. Well done!

    ReplyDelete