Google Translator

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Surprise Party!



Last weekend, my family thru me a surprise retirement party at my sister, Rochelle's house!  Yes, I was surprised!  I thought I was going to a Pampered Chef party!  I had even picked out what I wanted to buy!  I am still surprised that they pulled it off without me even having a clue!  Anyway, it was fun, fun!   I think these cards are appropriate since I though it was a "Chefs" party!  The chef is from My Favorite Things stamps.   I love using my Copic Markers to color him  Of course, I need to practice,  practice.

The inside of the card says it all!   It was such fun seeing everyone! 




The decorations were fabulous too!  Loved the money tree- I mean money flowers!  The banner was priceless! 




I swear it seemed like every corner of the house was decorated!  I really enjoyed seeing family and friends!  I will remember this party for a long time!


  The sayings around the house were funny!  I loved the signs in all the food too.   The food was fabulous!  "The Joy of Retirement is having nothing to do and All day to do it" was my favorite!  Or "What do you call  a person who is happy on Monday- Retired"!








I am getting used to being retired for sure!   Certainly less stress but the sleeping in late and not having to worry about appointments or schedules is a big plus!  I love being able to do what I want with no worries about time.  I worked for 40 years in the banking industry so it is quite a change for me.  One that I am ready to embrace! 


I have all the cards I received from family and friends at the party on display at my  house.  I think I will keep them up for a while!  

Update:  Yup...it's snowing today!   Bummer! 













1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your retirement. Love all the projects you do. Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete