Google Translator

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Birthday Tunnel Card





The weather here has been fabulous!  Hard to believe it is already Fall with the temperatures in the 80's.  Even so, I have been spending some time in my Craft room.  I made this Tunnel book for our daughter's birthday.  I love spreading the sentiment over these pages and then decorating each page. 



It gave me the opportunity to use a bunch of dies that I haven't used in a while.  I love Spellbinder's Fairy dies.  I borrowed the one I used above from my sister but I might have to look into getting one myself.  They are really quite whimsical. 


On the page above, I included Emily's birth date. 



I used mostly Graphic 45's paper.  I love the soft feel it give the card.  I also used Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities dies for the tunnel opening.  But you can use any dies that are graduated to give it the tunnel look.  This card is 5 x 7 inches.


I did end up making a box to put the card in.   It was quite bulky and probably would cost a bunch to mail.  We had dinner with them to celebrate so I was able to give it to her in person!

I made a few cards and the box below to give to my niece who it expecting a little girl in January!  I thought she would be needing some Thank You cards so I made some up for her. 


I was inspired to make this onesie holder from some that I saw on Pinterest ( where else).  I thought it was cute and the cards fit in it perfectly!   The booties are made from Stampin Up's stocking punch.  I used pink card stock and embossed the stocking with white embossing powder.  You do have to cut the stocking down to make it shorter.  

My sister's and I are making the Baby Shower invitations for our niece's party in November.  We have already started the planning for these cards!  This Saturday we are getting together to make 30 of them!  I can't wait!  Enjoy the rest of the week!



1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job on the card/book for Cindy! Just gorgeous!! The thank you notes and holder are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete